Article for buying a smart phones (mobile phones)
Short-lived to select Smartphone is that – Operating system, screen size, RAM, processor, internal and external storage capacity, camera quality, screen resolution, battery life, additional feature and price. Before go and select the phone do set your objects, some facts and feature of phone, everything about phone in details which will really use for you.
All in one Smartphone Buying Guide : Find here accurate tips to choose your Right Phone
There are several options available in the market for smartphone. Technology getting change as fast as second. Every day or two there is new model launch with something new feature to attract the world. And that’s why to choosing the right smartphone has really get more challenging. But “Info Lips” is here to help you and provide in-depth information about smartphone. This information will keep you update and give sound knowledge to choose your better phone.
1] Operating System
- Apple iPhone (iOS) is famous for its affluence of use, clean-simple integration and security. It is easier to use and software updates on time. (Latest version of iOS 11) offers editing of live photos, real files app and redesigned app store.
- Google (Android) is leader of worldwide smartphone sales, it is well associated with its integration, its ability to customize as open source OS and a lower cost. It gives you more hardware choice and more affordable options. (Latest version – 8.0 Oreo) offers faster performance, picture in picture and notification alert dots. Apps store is called Google Play by Google services.
- Microsoft (Windows Phone) is good emphasize integration and high end camera software. (Latest version – Windows 10) offer everything on your homepage can display in moving information or graphics notifications.
- BlackBerry : If you are really stuck on Black Berry Mobile and like its physical keyboards. The OS is founded by Canadian Company Research in Motion and helped kick off the smartphone revolution. (Latest version – BlackBerry 10) it apparently fix most of the issues related to performance.
– Info lips will recommend you for choose latest OS.
2] Price of phone : (Exactly how much should we spend) :
- Apple phones (iPhones) are normally more expensive than Android or others. The phone manufacturers giants, Apple and Samsung are most expensive (with some models from $450-$750 retail), while LG, Motorola, OnePlus and HTC are comparatively low cost (some low cost smartphones are available under $120).
- So decide your budget according to your required features. It’s not like that an expensive phones are always good, well performer, better configuration and special functions than an inexpensive phone. There are so many models are available in the market with their descent price and special features like built quality, style, and massive configuration.
- Some network providing companies are sponsored phones through contracting for using their network for certain period. It might be 1 or 2-years billing plan with applicable conditions.
- Some offers monthly amount as part of payment, till the cost of your smartphone is not to be covered.
Dual means 2, quad means 4, hexa means 6 and octa-core means processors with 8 cores. Now a day’s most of the companies are offering hexa-core or octa-core processor. Octa-core is 4 time faster than dual core. Single or dual-core phones are cheaper and having lot of lag. Info lips will recommend you octa core with 1.5 GHz speed frequency or more, recently it is available upto 2.5 GHz. It is really good lag-free and fast to perform multitasking more power to play games go for Android with a Snapdragon 835 processor. This gives you better performance, as well as longer battery life efficiency.
4] RAM (Random Access Memory)
This is one more important part to look at smartphones and that is “RAM”, it control which is critical for multitasking. 1GB of system memory is not enough for latest applications and graphics. 2GB will standard for regular use. You will get 6GB on the latest models or 8GB on some special brands models, OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.
It is also holds the data that enables multi-tasking. Some models are offer real windows style multitasking feature, two apps can run on the screen simultaneously.
5] Internal storage memory :
Selected phone should having enough internal memory in range 16-32GB. Space is good to have for processing the task.
6] External storage memory :
Your selected phone should have a microSD slot. This allow you to expand your storage space, to store lot of music, movies, pictures etc. Latest model are supporting at least 32GB of external storage upto 128 GB. It’s available on all Android, windows phones, but Apple don’t offer this option.
7] Screen Resolution or display quality :
Phone colors, display and brightness quality is depend on phone screen resolution. A high-definition (HD) or ultra-definition (UHD) screen on a phone is good but it is excess for this. More bright display is useful to see outdoors or in bright lights. Super AMOLED and LED panels are better than LCD. Now most of the phones offer high dynamic range (HDR) for displaying even more colors. You should required at least 800 × 480 pixels for a great view. Some models offer 720p or 1280×720 pixel resolution, which is HD display. Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels), Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) and 4K resolution, (3840 x 2160 pixels). High resolution is better display.
8] Smartphone Scree Size :
Phone screen size is measured from corner to corner diagonally as we use for Television. Smartphone size should in limit to easily hold it. But today is the trend of big size, that’s why Apple has also change its phone screen size to big. Some brands are offering more than 6 inch or more than as well. Of course trends are not remain for long, but we have to keep this gadget with us for longer period. So make sure it’s something that will actually fit in your pockets. 5 to 5.5 inches are more than enough. Bigger phone are consume more battery. Bigger-screen size phone are like to watch a videos, play games.
9] Good camera quality :
Now a days this much more important to have a camera in your phone, which is capable to taking a nice pics to upload on social sites and so on. Camera quality is measure in mega pixels (MP). Currently, HTC, Samsung, Apple (known for their high quality camera hardware & software), Google (Pixel 2 provide a Portrait Mode without dual cameras and low-light performance), Windows-Nokia (Lumia 1020 is specifically designed for heavy camera use only), LG, Oppo, Vivo are leading in cameras. (Vivo is claiming its 24 MP highest camera in smartphone range in the world).
Info Lips will suggest you to don’t go with the megapixels only, check for aperture, dual lenses, optical image stabilization, feature like ISO for low-light performance, noise reduction and brightness.
Most of the smartphones are come with front and rear-facing cameras and flash with BSI sensor. Some models are support for external attachments like lens, flash.
10] Capacity of Battery life :
Present phones are have bigger in display as compare to old and more important thing is that it is not only use for phone calls. There are so many task to do on your palm. As battery technology is improving a lot, so newer phones are having longer battery life. Talking on the phone, gaming, Internet browsing, chatting, mailing, video shooting, photos and using external wifi range will all drain a battery more quickly.
So battery should have enough capacity to charge your phone longer time (at least 3,000 mAh). Battery life goes worse with time, it’s going to be much worse in 1 or 2 years. Info lips will recommend you to select removable battery models, so you can buy a spare one or replace it when get defective.
– iPhones do not support replaceable batteries on any model.
– 4G LTE network surfing phone are last longer than 10 hours.
11] Network connectivity :
Phone should support to 2G, GPRS for browsing various websites, e-mails etc. Support for few years back started 3G and 4G network. And latest one for faster sharing, seamless video, music streaming then your phone should support 4G VoLTE network feature. Most of the brands are currently providing 4G VoLTE supported model. In future most of network will working on this frequency, so we should prepare for that and have VoLTE supported 4G networks phones for superfast speed.
12] Additional features :
- Fast Charging : Check your phone has a feature of fast charging. (It should supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 or an previous standard version. This will help you to charge your phone within 30 mins.
- Removable Battery
- Wireless Charging : Apple wireless charging feature offer with iPhone 8 and above. The function is work when your phone set on a compatible wireless charging mat.
- Fingerprint sensor :
This feature gives you permission to unlock your phone by your fingerprint sense. No need to enter a password, pattern or any PIN. Apple, Google, Samsung are using this feature to online pay service. Most of the brands are offering this feature now.
- Face ID feature offer by some models, but is not that much reliable till yet and little-bit slower than Touch ID.
Brand selection :
- The brand who providing longer warranty would be a preference for your purchase, to confirm this check the manufacturer authorized website.
- Look for a service oriented brand which has able to provide the good service and good servicing network which will be easily available to nearby you, like Apple, Samsung. Check the reviews and compare the model from reliable sources, outlets and authorize sites. Ask for performance of brand and model, from relatives and friends who have recently purchased one. Also check for the launching year of the phone, because latest model has latest features than previous.